LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
In this role, you’ll work for the Studio Art Director creating structural and environmental worlds, from concept to in game completion for modeling, textures and lighting. Working with the design team and tool teams, the lead artist will develop production pipelines for a growing team of artist and help set a visual bar for the game. As an early hire you’ll be an integral part of a diverse company culture founded on our passion for gaming and dedicated to creating an open and transparent, family-friendly work environment. Playable Worlds offers competitive salaries in the art field. An art test will be required of all selected candidates.
- 10+ years of experience in game development creating AAA titles for console or PC.
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, or equivalent proprietary engine.
- Ability to collaborate with other leads and be motivated to help mentor others.
- Experience with world design and production software, world building content creation tools and modular techniques common in level design.
- Create detailed textures with Substance Designer, Painter and Maya or equivalent level software.
- Strong knowledge of traditional production techniques in addition to working knowledge of large, scalable multiplayer games.
- Highly motivated with good communication skills, positive attitude, and an ability to work with designers and engineers.
- Ability to explore a range of ideas, work towards creative solutions and inspire a team.
- Experience with procedural world generation and terrain building.
- Working knowledge of complex physics-based mesh systems.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States from our office in San Diego.
- Must have portfolio link on resume with examples of latest work.
- Experience with massively multiplayer online games (MMO) with large world requirements.
Python and Mel experience.
- Software and scripting automation.
- Experience with advanced destructible housing and environment systems and pipelines.
Location: San Marcos, CA
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Posted Date: 08/14/2020